Non Oracle knowledge to be a good Oracle DBA/expert

From: Orlando L <oralrnr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 21:14:19 -0700

Gurus,

We all hear about Oracle books and manuals that we should read. What about non Oracle things we need to know to be a DBA? For eg couple of days ago David Litchfield posted a link to an Oracle paper on log buffer internals. The paper had lots of C code in it. Do I have to learn C to become a good DBA? What is the best place to start?

Orlando.