RE: RMAN validate

From: Mercadante, Thomas F \(LABOR\) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 14:18:44 -0500

Ryan,

Rman is pretty consistent with error reporting. I always grep for two things: for the string RMAN-00569 for errors, and for the string "Recovery Manager complete." To make sure that it ran to completion. If Rman just plain dies, the log file just stops. The second grep checks to see if Rman finished.

Tom

if [ `grep -l RMAN-00569 $JOBLOG | wc -l` -gt 0 ]; then

   mailx -s "${MAILMSG} ** Failure ** " $MAIL_LIST < $JOBLOG

fi

# This grep checks for the "Recovery Manager Complete" string

if [ `grep -l "Recovery Manager complete." $JOBLOG | wc -l` -eq 0 ]; then

   mailx -s "${MAILMSG} ** Failure **" $MAIL_LIST < $JOBLOG

fi

This transmission may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information which is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this transmission or its attachments is strictly prohibited. In addition, unauthorized access to this transmission may violate federal or State law, including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1985. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the transmission and its attachments.