Re: Windows XP 10.2.0.2 Patch

From: Ethan Post <post.ethan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 15:43:08 -0600

Thanks Paul.

I ignored the errors and proceeded with the install, and eventually it said something was a process using orapls10.dll. There should not be anything accessing this as it is a new install with no databases, but there was a bunch of software using the old 9i client that was previously on this machine. It was suppose to be removed but I suspect somehow one of the services is still around and able to access the new dll's.

I might try booting up in safe mode, renaming the oracle home, then rebooting, changing back to the right name and installing the patch. I am hoping that whatever normally uses this will "break" for the short time I need to get it patched.