Re: Wait Event

From: Anurag Varma <avoracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 23:14:50 -0500

On 2/20/07, Shivaswamy Raghunath <shivaswamykr_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> My environment is HP UX 11i. DB Version 10.1.0.4. On this database I have
> Oracle replication is in action, replicating certain tables to another
> database. I have a very high occurance and time for the event knpc_anq_AwaitNonemptyQueue.
> I could not get much useful info on the event anywhere. Appears to be an
> idle event. But, jsut wanted to make sure. If you have any info, pointer
> etc. can you please let me know?
>
> The event is reported against SYSTEM.DEF$_DESTINATION_PRIMARY. Total Wait
> time is 10,933,039,621.
>
> TIA,
> Shiva

I had opened an SR about this long time back. I don't remember the exact reply but it was something to this effect: * Its an IDLE wait event. Can be ignored. * Its either what Fairlie mentions it to be or connected with the parallel push option. I remember when I changed
  push to serial (once a minute), the wait event had disappeared.

--
Anurag Varma