Re: Oracle Configuration Manager

From: Paul Drake <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 14:21:41 -0500

On 2/20/07, Robyn <robyn.sands_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree with Ethan ...
>
> I received the same message last week and we're already in the midst
> of all the DST and CPU patches ... my first thought was that we had to
> start over with our patch testing so we could include this one. Once
> I realized what it really was, I was ticked. The email was deceptive
>
> As for Oracle support and RDA information, as soon as the shift
> changes and the next global support center gets involved, we get the
> same questions all over again ...
>
> Robyn

On that subject of patches changing - the most recent CPUs for 10g win32 were modified within the past 2 days. I"m waiting for the changes to the readme.html to reflect the changes made before attempting to determine what changed.

Freeze the patches, including the file readme.html - Oracle Support! Cut the re-upload crap. Period.
I don't need changes to patches that we're already deploying. Version them and put them in the next patch. If they are fubared - send out an email informing me that the patch is hosed - it would not be the first time - and tell me which newly numbered patch should be used instead.

Paul

On 2/20/07, Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_vmsinfo.com> wrote:
> > Reidy, Ron wrote:
> > >
> > > I wouldn't be surprised. The RDA gathers feature usage information and
> > > I think it will be just a matter of time until the issue of license
> > > compliance begins to exist when submitting SRs.
> > >
> > > rr

> > Actually, why don't you submit your driving habits to the state police,
> > it would really save them
> > some time on writing speeding tickets.
> >
> > --
> > Mladen Gogala
> > Sr. Oracle DBA
> > Video Monitoring Systems
> > 1500 Broadway
> > New York City, NY 10036
> > Phone: (212) 329-5201
> > Email: mgogala_at_vmsinfo.com

-- ALTER SESSION SET EVENTS 'immediate trace name hanganalyze level 4';