RE: Bizgres anyone?

From: Milen Kulev <makulev_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 13:20:38 +0100

Hi Dennis,
yes I have not only heard of it, and I am using it too ;) I like the the idea to have Postgres version for DW envoroment ;) I am not aware of the price of Bizgres MPP (commercial version using shared nothing architecture), but rumours say it costs "around" 25k USD/CPU. I suppose the price is further negotiable ;) , since a sales rep. was insisting on conference call.
There is a free version of Bizgres which doesn't include Shared nothing cluster functionality, but still includes bitmap indexes and improved sort algorithms. In any case it is worth using/trying it (at least I prefer it over MySQL).
Bear in mind that Bizgres MPP hat some nasty finctionality limitations ( described in detail in the admon guide ot Bizgres MPP) in its current version. I hope they will overcome them soon.

Best Regards.
Milen