rman archivelog delete - Dataguard

From: dd yakkali <dd.yakkali_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 23:42:53 -0400

Hello RMAN gurus,

I have 2 questions regarding deleting archivelogs in a dataguard environment. I use RMAN to backup my archivelogs to SBT.

physical standby, 10.1.0.3 on solaris 9

  1. Using RMAN, how do we make sure archive log is applied on the standby before deleting it on primary. I know i can write a script outside of RMAN to check v$archived_log and look for applied column before deleting.
  2. Can we combine multiple conditions while deleting archivelogs using RMAN.

Eg:

delete noprompt archivelog all completed before 'sysdate-2' backed up 2 times to device type SBT;

In the above command I am combining 2 conditions a) completed before sysdate-2 b) backed up 2 times to device type SBT ( I do not know whether it is legal to do so or not )
above command does run without syntax errors, but does not do its job.

Can anybody give me some way of accomplishing these.

Thanks in advance
Deen