RE: Can Missing Tempfiles be Simply ADDED back after eXtract of FULL Database Backup ?

From: Mercadante, Thomas F \(LABOR\) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 08:19:34 -0400

Vivek,

Instead of trying that, just create a new TEMP tablespace with all the space that you need. Then simply drop the old TEMP tablespace. You may need to wait a little while for all current sessions to release any temp segments in the old temp tablespace. But I've done this many times in the past and it works fine.

Tom

This transmission may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information which is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this transmission or its attachments is strictly prohibited. In addition, unauthorized access to this transmission may violate federal or State law, including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1985. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the transmission and its attachments.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of VIVEK_SHARMA Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 8:05 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Can Missing Tempfiles be Simply ADDED back after eXtract of FULL Database Backup ?

Folks

Can Missing Tempfiles be Simply ADDED with the SAME NAME after eXtract of FULL Database Cold Backup?

NOTE - Realised that a few Tempfiles were Missing after a FEW Days of Database being UP.

If YES (to ADD), does the "REUSE" Clause need to be necessarily specified as follows?

SQL> ALTER TABLESPACE <Temp Tblspc> ADD TEMPFILE '<Temp File Name>' REUSE;   Thanks indeed