Re: SQL*Developer, Elbonian version

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 09:26:09 -0400

On 10/23/2006 09:06:31 AM, Polarski, Bernard wrote:
> It is above all a permanent Fix into your wallet.
>
> Free toad is clinically dead since long.
> last time I paid a look into it, you could see sequences anymore.
>
> Now you must spell 'Que$t Toad'.

There is also something called "tora". It's not being developed very intensely, but it is being developed. And it is a good product. More about tora can be found at: http://tora.sourceforge.net. Tora is, just like SQL*Developer, a multi-platform free product. Unlike the dinosaur, it's written in C++, which makes it much faster then the dinosaur.
The problem is not in the replacement, as it turns out, there are quite a few of them, the problem is in the general code quality which became appalling. I wonder how long will we have to wait for Ellison to come out with Ballmer's excuse of "code complexity"? Namely, Winduhs is so complex that MS cannot be reasonably expected to plug in all holes. Will Oracle be the next company to publicly admit their incompetence and the lack of capability to manage its own code? Funny thing, even after such a satirical admission, people are still buying MS products. There must be something in that flock paradigm that Christianity uses so much. Bernard, are you an employee of Oracle Corp.? Your cheap imitation of humor would suggest so. Did you get it on the Canal St.? Do they surgically remove sense of humor when you join The Company? Did it hurt?

--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mladen-gogala.com