RE: should one use ANSI join syntax when writing an Oracle application?

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 12:12:10 -0700

And to answer this question: converting from the traditional syntax to newer ANSI syntax is easy, use the inner join and on keywords.

select ... from A, B where A.x < B.y
becomes
select ... from A inner join B on ( A.x < B.y )

select ... from A, B where A.x between B.y and B.z becomes
select ... from A inner join B on ( A.x between B.y and B.z )

De la part de Wolfgang Breitling

I must confess my complete ignorance re ANSI syntax but regarding your preference for the ANSI syntax because it separates the two types of predicates. How would you express the following with ANSI style join syntax:

select ... from A, B where A.x < B.y

or

select ... from A, B where A.x between B.y and B.z

or any of the other non-equi joins.

Provided it is possible I have the feeling that will be hardly as concise and clear as the traditional syntax.