re: RMAN impact

From: cosmin ioan <cosmini_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 08:40:31 -0700 (PDT)

hello again,
  I don't have any real-world experience with RMAN but I'm contending w/ the DBA who says running backups through RMAN, **every day**, for 10 hours, does not impact our production performance. Never-you-mind that these backups are *full backups* ;-)

  so, can anyone tell me what kind of impact RMAN usually brings to a system, rather what toll it takes on one! :-)

  thx,
  Cos