Response file install question - how do I get the command prompt back?

From: Johan Muller <johan.muller_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 14:19:49 -0400

Oracle 10.1 response file issue - running a response file to create an instance (RH 4.3 platform) from bash: $ /mnt/iso/oracle/runInstaller -silent
-responseFile /u02/sql/create.rsp

Question: How do I get my command prompt back. The file launches and will pipe messages back to display - but hangs at the end of the install after running the root.sh script - in other words no command prompt.

Is there a workaround or explanation for this?

--

Johan Muller
Oracle DBA

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." --Benjamin Franklin

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Oct 17 2006 - 13:19:49 CDT