Re: Question about oracle install 10g

From: Sinardy Xing <oracle.rdbms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 16:48:57 +0800

I can't answer your question directly, but I have experience fail in installing Oracle, during the installation, the installer complain I do not have compailer to compile the Oracle stuff. I search high and low, left and righ, re-download Oracle software, reboot server, kill many processes, then I I found out that the OS is not install full distribution, just like when you install windows, you can choose what you don't want to install.

For this case I believe HP include the other c compiler but most likely not C++ that your talking about.

As you said "can I continue the install without this?" Warren Buffett said "Risk comes from not knowing what you are doing."

On 10/3/06, oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> wrote:

> C++ complier needs to be purchased under hp-ux if you're installing the
> database I think you can try to skip this error and try to see if it
> will work.
>

> Fadi

regards,

Sinardy