RE: 9i Parsing Optimization

From: Laimutis Nedzinskas <Laimutis.Nedzinskas_at_landsbanki.is>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 16:31:47 -0000

>If I understand correctly, session_cached_cursors causes a "softer" parse, but a parse would still show up as a parse in the 10046 output

so far the best desciption of shared pool and parsing I know is here:

http://download-uk.oracle.com/oowsf2005/003wp.pdf#search=%22understanding%20shared%20pool%20memory%20structures%22

It indirectly confirms the "softer parse" notion.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Allen, Brandon Sent: 31. ágúst 2006 16:17
To: Polarski, Bernard; anjo.kolk_at_oraperf.com; ax.mount_at_gmail.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: 9i Parsing Optimization

If I understand correctly, session_cached_cursors causes a "softer" parse, but a parse would still show up as a parse in the 10046 output so I don't believe this parameter could be responsible for the 50% reduction in parse count. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Fyrirvari/Disclaimer
http://www.landsbanki.is/disclaimer