Re: was (RE: SGADEF file?) is How to best detect database health

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:57:47 -0700

Authentication happens prior to some other checks.

If the database is in restricted mode, the non-existent user login will still return a ORA-1017, even though real users will be unable to logon to the database.

Other problems (archive space full, etc) may cause this as well, though I have not tested them.

Jared

--
Jared Still