Centralized EM for 10g R2 Databases

From: MVR <yoursraju007_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 11:39:36 -0400

Friends,

I would like to go with shared Oracle home(10g RDBMS Home) for multiple databases. The question is about EM Configuration. Generally each database has got a seperate EM Port for "Database Control"... but Im looking for something Shared / Central EM to monitor all these databases. I guess the central EM is nothing but 10g Grid Control... Is that right ? Is it a replacement of Database Control with the Centralized repository ? All the features of database control would be available in Grid Control ?

RDBMS is 10.2.0.2 for all my databases. But I can only see 10.2.0.1 Grid control... I hope this version different doesn't really matter... Am I correct ?

Has anyone installed this kind of centralized EM or grid control..would you pls share some thoughts? Any pointers would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
MVR

--
"Happy people plan actions, they don't plan results."