How to Convert a Big NON-Rac DB(on VXFS) into RAC using SFRAC, QFS & RAW ? ..(Oracle 10g , Solaris 10)

From: VIVEK_SHARMA <VIVEK_SHARMA_at_infosys.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:30:23 +0530

Thanks Fairlie, folks for the great piece of info.

Qs 1 What are the procedures to:-

NOTE - Size of Database 4 TB approx.

Qs 2 Which of the above is least & most tedious & why?

Qs 3 How does SFRAC compare against QFS w.r.t. performance with Oracle 10g/Solaris 10?

Any Docs, Links, Books, suggested readings for Qs 1, 2, 3 above?

Thanks indeed

From: fairlie rego [mailto:fairlie_r_at_yahoo.com] Sent: Friday, August 18, 2006 1:10 PM
To: yasbs_at_kocbank.com.tr; VIVEK_SHARMA; oracle-l_at_freelists.org; dbagiri_at_hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Veritas CFS, QFS or RAW? Which for High Transaction Load on RAC with Solaris 10/Oracle 10g ?

    Hi,

    We have a 6 node cluster on Solaris 64 bit 10.1.0.5 RAC and SFRAC 4.1

    We do something like 400 transactions/sec and around 500,000 logical     reads/sec and are very much a production site with a db size of 1.5 Tb.

	    Each node has 96Gb of RAM and 24 CPUs
	    We have had a couple of issues with Veritas especially with
odmstat but other that life is good at the moment
	    Thanks
	    -Fairlie

This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system. ***INFOSYS******** End of Disclaimer ********INFOSYS***