Re: Is it possible to use nolock type of hint in query - RANT #2

From: Andrey Kriushin <Andrey.Kriushin_at_rdtex.ru>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 10:18:11 +0400

Definitely. And the core reason is a complete unawareness of the issues with concurrent resource usage in EDP. Thus "no need" to self-educate.

I would not be surprised though if dirty reads will appear in Oracle in a short time. At least after extending COMMIT syntax with NOWAIT clause :-(. Where this world is rolling to?

-Andrey