Oracle 10g Rel.2 taking longer time when SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE

From: Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 18:04:14 +0300

Hello List,

Since migrated from 9i to 10g, we are facing few new issues. At our premises, we tend to bounce our database at week-end. In 9i, it was talking few minutes. But, in 10g Re2.10, it is taking more 20 minutes.
When we shutdown immediate, there would be around 600+ inactive sessions. In 9i, there was not issues with the number of inactive session, but, in 10g Rel.2, I believe, some internal changes have been made while killing the inactive session. Thats why, it might be taking longer time.
I am afraid, if this is the case, in case of emergency, we need to wait 20+ minutes to bring down the database. I dont want to opt for 'shutdown abort' option.
Is anyone had/having the same issue with 'shutdown immediate' in Oracle 10g Rel.2?

--
Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain

I blog at :http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/
http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#hussain
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."