can RMAN restore from zip file

From: dba1 mcc <mccdba1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 07:32:06 -0700 (PDT)

We have ORACLE 9ir2 on DELL server. we normally keep two weeks RMAN backup on disks (include full and incremental). Due to database big, we plan to compress RMAN backup use "gzip". My questions are:

  1. does "gzip" will hurt RMAN backup data or not?
  2. if I "gunzip" RMAN backup, can it restore without ANY problem?

Thanks.

Do You Yahoo!?