Re: ** table with clob slow

From: Riyaj Shamsudeen <rshamsud_at_jcpenney.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 09:16:52 -0500

Joshi

   export / import of tables with LOB columns are exported one row at a time. Refer document *281461.1* for more details.**

Lines from the above document:

FIX

---

Although the performance of the export cannot be improved directly, possible
alternative solutions are:

1. If not required, do not use LOB columns.  <== Don't you love these workarounds ?
or:
2. Use Transport Tablespace export instead of full/user/table level export.
or:
3. Upgrade to Oracle10g and use Export DataPump and Import DataPump.

**

Powell, Mark D wrote:

> Slow is a relative term. On average how big are the CLOB's? How many
> total bytes are you exporting? What is the average IO capacity of
> your target disk? Do a little math and determine if the elapsed time
> is really slow or just what it takes.
>
> HTH -- Mark D Powell --

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that your access is unauthorized, and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message including any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l