Re: Grid Control and provisioning

From: Ranko Mosic <ranko.mosic_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 09:42:48 -0400

Hi,
10gR1 Grid Control is as bad as it can get( haven't tried 10gR2). Brings back memories of 1997 and first release of OEM agent which didn't work. Then they fixed it. Now it is garbage again.
Proving old saying that Oracle is database, not tools company.

Regards, Ranko.

On 6/16/06, Matthew Zito <mzito_at_gridapp.com> wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I'm trying to figure out exactly how useful the 10gR2 Grid Control
> provisioning capabilities are. From poking around in the software, it
> seems pretty crude and non-intuitive, but I figured I'd poll the crowd.
> If anyone has used or tried to use Grid Control to provision RAC
> clusters, RAC databases, single-instance databases, ASM, add a
> node/remove a node, could you possibly ping me off-list (or on-list, if
> you'd rather)? I'd like to get your impressions about your experiences.
> If there's interest from the group, I'd be happy to summarize responses.
>

> As always, much obliged,
> Matt

Regards,
Ranko Mosic
Contract Senior Oracle DBA
B. Eng, Oracle 10g, 9i Certified Database Professional
Phone: 416-450-2785
email: mosicr_at_rogers.com
http://ca.geocities.com/mosicr@rogers.com/ContractSeniorOracleDBARankoMosicMain.html