Oracle Supported RAC Configuration

From: Freeman, Donald <dofreeman_at_state.pa.us>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 14:26:01 -0400

We are having an argument with our CoLo facility over the issue of a dedicated switch for our RAC interconnect. We are saying it's an Oracle requirement and Oracle does not support any other configuration. Of course, I can't find any Metalink source for that requirement. I can't think up any more wild combinations of search terms that will bring me back any fewer than 10k docs. Does anybody have any reference for this "requirement?" We are experiencing periodic evictions from the cluster and wanted to eliminate network issues from our considerations.

Don Freeman
Database Administrator 1
Bureau of Information Technology
Pennsylvania Department of Health