RE: RAC - NOARCHIVELOG to ARCHIVELOG migration

From: Baumgartel, Paul <paul.baumgartel_at_credit-suisse.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 20:58:12 +0100

On non-RAC, you would shut down the database, startup mount, then

alter database archivelog;
alter database open;

I don't know whether there are special considerations for RAC.

You also want to make sure that log_archive_start = TRUE in your initialization parameter file.

Paul Baumgartel
CREDIT SUISSE
Information Technology
DBA & Admin - NY, KIGA 1