Re: 10g RAC -- Multiple DB's and mixed OS

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 14:29:30 -0700

On 4/7/06, Kevin Closson <kevinc_at_polyserve.com> wrote:

I know I'm sounding argumentative, but I'm not trying to be. I just
> want to

No, I don't think so.

keep cutting back to the original supposition that started this thread,
> which was
> that 100% windows shops would be better off crambing in a Linux system
> for Oracle.

I won't disagree with that.
Then again, they may want to start getting Linux exposure.

Now, all that aside, I still think Oracle on Windows is a REALLY bad
> fit, but that
> is not so much a Windows problem in my assessment. Opinions are free...

What we need is a way to be paid for them.

--
Jared Still