RE: Column alias giving ORA-00972

From: Powell, Mark D <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 13:59:07 -0400

Oracle table column names are limed to 30 bytes, period.

However, since you are selecting off an existing table that would indicate that the real column name is less than or equal to 30 characters. Perhaps what you want is just a column label over 30 characters. Again the limit is 30.

SOMENAMEOTHERTHANTHEREALONE

I think you are out of luck or I do not understand what you are really asking.
HTH -- Mark D Powell --