RE: LogMnr tuning?

From: Herring Dave - dherri <Dave.Herring_at_acxiom.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 12:59:15 -0600

In case anyone is interested, I found where the problem was and got around it for now. I was using Oracle's online dictionary, but when I sent it to a flat file and used that, response time was normal. Apparently, somewhere in SYS.LOGMNR_GTLO3 when SYS-owned tables are used on metadata lookups, very poor joins occur. I saw that index I_TABPART$ had 790,656,496 logical reads (according to STATSPACK in my tests), so that looks like a good place to start.

Dave

Dave Herring, DBA
Acxiom Corporation
3333 Finley
Downers Grove, IL 60515
wk: 630.944.4762
<mailto:dherri_at_acxiom.com>

The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged.

If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please resend this communication to the sender and delete the original message or any copy of it from your computer system.

Thank You.