Re: tkprof & explain question

From: <Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 10:47:06 -0400

It executes the command and produces a trace After the trace is generated you run tkprof to output the results

So you would be executing all statements tkprof happens after the execution

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Sat May 21 06:20:36 2005
Subject: tkprof & explain question

Good Day everyone,

I have a small doubt about using tkprof with explain parameter. Say, when we use, set autot trac exp for any insert,update,delete that command is executed and produces the execution plan. Whereas if I use explain plan for insert,update,delete commands, it only gives the execution plan without actually executing the command. I have set instance level tracing with trace leve 1, and wants to caputre all the statements. However, my question is, when I am using tkprof with explain parameter, if there are any insert,update or delete statements in my trace file, are they going execute or just produces explain plan wihtout executing them?

--=20

Best Regards,
Jaffar, OCP DBA
Banque Saudi Fransi
Saudi Arabia

"It is your atittude, not your aptitude that determins your altitude."

BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS

Spam:        https://dohsmsi01.doh.state.fl.us/canit/b.php?c=s&i=33216116&m=09a09bfeb244
Not spam:    https://dohsmsi01.doh.state.fl.us/canit/b.php?c=n&i=33216116&m=09a09bfeb244
Forget vote: https://dohsmsi01.doh.state.fl.us/canit/b.php?c=f&i=33216116&m=09a09bfeb244