RE: Auditing original user in an n-tier environment

From: Vlado Barun <vlado_at_cadre5.com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 14:38:39 -0400

Option 1: Use oracle n-tier proxy authentication, see http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/network.920/a96582/authuse r.htm#1006671

Option 2: Use session context variables to identify the user that is using the current connection. This assumes that the presentation layer knows the identity of the user. If so, you can use the sys_context function to add an attribute to the session identifying the "real" user. This attribute can then be used in any function/procedure/package/trigger/sql to populate the appropriate fields in the audit logs...
See
http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:616200296 2892 for more details...

Vlado Barun, M.Sc.
Senior Data Architect, Cadre5