RE: Database Link

From: Freeman, Donald <dofreeman_at_state.pa.us>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 08:51:33 -0400

You didn't say where the 9.2 database is located. It's not on the same = server as your 8.0 database is it? Check the TNS names entry for the = target database (8.0) on the (9.2) server. The entry may not exist or = is incorrect. If you search the archives of the list there is a lot of = info about db links. I find them troublesome also. My cube neighbor is = trying to hunt down the same problem <g>.

Don Freeman
Database Administrator 1
Pennsylvania Dept of Health
Bureau of Information Technology