RE: LOB's -- How Many Out of Line?

From: Larry Elkins <elkinsl_at_flash.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 15:25:47 -0600

And in 9i, like in my example before, I can get by with LENGTH and not have to use DBMS_LOG.GETLENGTH like I would in 8i. And use 3964 instead of 4K (at least according to various Metalink documents). But I guess my question is is this the only way? Is that what I'm supposed to assume from your reply? Because I'm starting to think, after a couple of days of googling and metalinking, that this really is the only way to know. So are you also saying this is the only way?

Regards,

Larry G. Elkins
elkinsl_at_flash.net
214.954.1781