Re: What are the implications of having several instances on a server sharing the oracle home?

From: Mohammad Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:38:02 -0400

If sufficient resources are available as you explained, one Oracle Home is fine regardless of number of instances. I never seen any contention in binaries. In case of upgrades when all instances can not be upgraded at one time due vendors restriction/certification, a separate Oracle Home can be justified.

Regards
Rafiq