Re: Oracle for Windows XP with INTEL inside

From: Oracle <all_about_oracle_at_hotpop.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 12:20:09 +0800

Hi Jared,

I read from AskTom, he said you need to startup Oracle from the service manager "FIRST"
then you can do sqlplus /nolog and connect sys as sysdba then startup.

It works now with my notebook

  1. SERVICE MANAGER start oracle instance (my preference is not automatic startup mode) I don't have to start the listener
  2. sqlplus /nolog @startup.sql
    • Original Message ----- From: "Jared Still" <jkstill_at_cybcon.com> To: <SinardyXing_at_bkgcomsvc.com> Cc: "Oracle-L Freelists" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2004 10:08 AM Subject: Re: Oracle for Windows XP with INTEL inside

> Though I can't recall seeing that stated anywhere, that is
> in fact the way it works.
>
> If anyone knows of a way to connect as sysdba to a database
> on *without* listener, I would like to hear about it too.
>
> Jared
>

> On Sun, 2004-09-19 at 21:08, Sinardy Xing wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> > Is that true that you cannot connect to Oracle 9.2.0 on Intel + XP
machine "WITHOUT A LISTENER?"

> > I got this from metalink
> >
> > ---------------------------------
> >
> > Problem: You could get an ORA-09352 on version 7.x of the database, an
ORA-12203 on version 8.0.x of the database, or an ORA-12560 on version 8.1.x of the database.

> > Solution: This is because the bequeath connection is not supported on NT
terminal server. Note 66397.1 (INTEL: Windows NT Terminal Server Support) shows the certification.

> > Can you please tell me how to startup Oracle 9.2.0 wihtout using
listener? (on Win XP).

> > This is my attempt

> > run... cmd
> >
> > C:\> set ORACLE_SID=mytest (I also try set the variable on the
System Property, Advanced Tab, User variables)