RE: Cloning gurus.

From: Gogala, Mladen <Mladen.Gogala_at_aetn.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 17:00:21 -0400

Shoot the DBA who told you that. You can move files to their proper location, re-create control file with the location changes reflected, and "SET DATABASE" clause in it, to change the name, then mount the database, do recovery and open the database RESETLOGS. no big deal. It's only a bit of work, and it's close to 17:00. My esteemed colleague, whom you should shoot, is probably influenced by the fact that it's almost 17:00 EST.

--
Mladen Gogala
A & E TV Network