RE: OT (kinda) RE: DROP LMT TBS internals.

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 13:16:29 -0400

All this is, is a spam filter that someone at thump_at_cosmiccooler.org is running. It's determined that the mail you sent "might" be spam.

So, it automatically sends the reply below, saying "Please verify you're a real person, and not a spam bot". This isn't a virus, trojan, or = anything
to be feared. Your mail will sit in quarantine for some preconfigured=20 amount of time, say, 1 week or 2 weeks. If, before the quarantine = expires,
you reply to that mail, then your original mail will be marked as NOT = SPAM,
and delivered to thump_at_cosmiccooler.org. If you choose to not reply to = this
mail, then the original mail you sent will automatically be deleted, and = the
recipient will never see it. Generally, if you reply to one of these = one time,
your email address will be whitelisted, and you'll never need to reply = to one=20
again.

I've been meaning to set one of these up myself (I get a LOT of spam), = but I've
never gotten around to it.

Hope that helps clarify what was going on,

-Mark

Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 12:35:53 -0400
To: <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>

Sender: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org

From: Mark W. Farnham [mailto:mwf_at_rsiz.com]=20 Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 11:45 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

oops. I didn't mean a Wolfgang (10053), I meant 10046.

mwf