Re: Oracle RAC

From: John Shaw <John.Shaw_at_correctionscorp.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 07:44:31 -0500

Although it's expensive - we use Veritas on Sun - I believe they have the same for AIX.
>>> <pawan.dalmia_at_pharma.novartis.com> 9/20/2004 11:05:20 PM >>>
Hi
We are implementing Oracle Apps 11.5.9(CRM). There will approx 1000 user
at any point of time. We are planning to implement Oracle 9i RAC. I am

sure that Common Storage (SAN etc)is mandatory for RAC but i am getting

contradictory views on whether raw file system is compulsary or not. List
can u help me on this.Also if raw file system is manadatory then is there
any 3rd party tool avilable which can help in managing of file on raw file
system taht is how can i see free space avilable on server , backup commands other then dd.moving or copying of files etc Our platform is AIX 5.2 (P690 machines) and EMC storage box

Regards
Pawan Dalmia
Oracle DBA-Business Intelligence
Desk-566
Cell 9819718753

Disclaimer
(i) This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and any associated files from your system. (ii) Views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Corrections Corporation of America. (iii) The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for errors or omissions caused by e-mail transmission or any damage caused by any virus transmitted by or with this e-mail.