10g OEM/Grid Control usage

From: Casey Dyke <caseydyke_at_optusnet.com.au>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 22:36:11 +1000

Folks,

Anyone care to sing the praises of the latest EM release? Certainly looks nice enough, but I have had to do an awful amount of faffing about to get alerts into my In Box. And although I could easily discover a new db, discovering a listener was a head scratcher. It should work out of the box and I have a rapidly increasing knowledge into how it all fits together, but I'll be damned if I can get a tablespace capacity alert, generic alert log alert ... etc ... to fire. Have seen other , limited expressions of frustration on Metalink, but am curious if others have encountered similar problems.

Sun Solaris 64 bit (32 bit EM), 10.1.0.2 recently patched w/Agent to 10.1.0.3.

Cheers,

Casey