Re: recovery past redolog corruption

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jwilton_at_speakeasy.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 23:55:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Mark Strickland wrote:

> Are you thinking of "_allow_read_only_corruption"?

Nope. I've done this, but of course my notes are long gone. It was an event that once set, would allow block corruptions to take place during recovery by not applying corrupted redolog entries. This then allowed the rest of the recovery to proceed to completion.

My recollection is that the level of the event specified the number of corruptions to allow.

I believe this functionality is referred to in the abstract of error 10568 in ?/rdbms/mesg/oraus.msg.

--
Jeremiah Wilton
http://www.speakeasy.net/~jwilton