RE: performance issues with public synonyms?

From: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY) <Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 09:16:26 +1000

Ryan,

In 8.1.7.4.1, with optimizer_mode =3D FIRST_ROWS, no stats on sys = objects, Forms 4.5 and JVM installed
(ie lots of objects & lots of synonyms) we had significant performance = problems due to synonyms because of the time taken querying the DD to = resolve them.

See http://www.mail-archive.com/oracle-l@fatcity.com/msg28034.html

So in the past you could get performance problems with a single user.

This may not be relevant with more recent versions, but you didn't = mention what version (or what optimizer_mode).

HTH,
Bruce Reardon