Re: Question about Dual

From: <ryan_gaffuri_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:15:08 +0000

its an extra network round trip. so if you do it alot its alot of extra network round trips. There are two known(pre-10g ways) to improve dual. Make a copy of dual as an index organized table and make a synonym that points to the new IOT. The biggest improvement seems to come from making a view on the x$dual table and making a dual synonym point to that. I have seen that published in several places, but have been hesitant to use it since its an x$table(maybe I'm being too conservative) I played with 10g just a little bit, but have not read much of the documentation. It seems like there is a 'fast dual' that has no consistent gets, which is the same as hitting the x$dual table which seems to be done by default. Maybe someone else can provide more detauls. -------------- Original message --------------