RE: as or is

From: MacGregor, Ian A. <ian_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 07:06:24 -0700

The following is pure cojecture ...

Both exist for for grammatical reasons. "Create Package <package_name> = is" is grating. "Create" is the verb. What's the "is" doing there. = However, inside the package one doesn't use the verb "create" in = defining procdeures. "Procedure <procedure_name> is" has a verb; = "Procedure <procedure_name> as" does not. Tnen they using is in = certain cases and as in others was confusing and allowed both.=20

PL/SQL has had is and as from the beginning. What about Ada?

Ian MacGregor
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
ian_at_slac.stanford.edu

 =20