RE: segment fragmentation

From: Chris Stephens <ChrisStephens_at_Affina.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 15:59:38 -0500

The first thing that comes to my mind is that with massive deletes you will have an artificially high high water mark with could very well have a significant impact on queries the perform full table scans. You would need to review sql that hits that table and check to see if full scans are performed if so, create a second table and alter the sql to hit that to tell if it would make a significant different. Then there's the potential disk savings...which are often not that big of a deal.

There's probably more to it and i believe you could find the info in the archives.