RE: Useful Oracle books

From: Michael Milligan <Michael.Milligan_at_ingenix.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 16:27:02 -0500

Date's books, especially his Relational Database Writings books (there are four or five of them) are very readable to me. His textbook is more difficult, but look at one of his Writings books. They are excellent. In my opinion, his logic is nearly flawless. I also have Codd's book and I like Date's way of thinking a lot more. Joe Celko has some books out as well. I read the other day that he "built his career on opposing Date". I've read his books as well but, like I said, I persoanlly lean toward Date's way of thinking on relational databases (nulls, etc.)