RE: VB/ADO/RDO/DAO/OHNO/UHOH and transactions

From: Justin Cave (DDBC) <jcave_at_ddbcinc.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 13:35:52 -0600

The default for all these is that transactions are handled "stupidly". =20

In both ODBC and OLE DB (which all these API's are built on), the default is to autocommit, so every successful SQL statement is automatically committed. All these API's will have an option to disable autocommit, in which case you will have to call an explicit commit procedure.

Justin Cave
Distributed Database Consulting, Inc.
http://www.ddbcinc.com/askDDBC