RE: OT: question about sizing swap for solaris

From: Cary Millsap <cary.millsap_at_hotsos.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 09:14:22 -0500

Another thing to think about is Belady's Anomaly. Remember that from Operating Systems courses? It's a demonstration of how having more memory can result in /more/ page faults for systems that use a first-in-first-out memory management policy.

http://cne.gmu.edu/modules/vm/yellow/anomaly.html

Cary Millsap
Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.
http://www.hotsos.com
* Nullius in verba *

Upcoming events:
- Performance Diagnosis 101: 5/7 Dallas, 5/18 New Jersey, 6/22 Pittsburgh

- SQL Optimization 101: 5/3 Boston, 5/24 San Diego, 6/14 Chicago
- Hotsos Symposium 2005: March 6-10 Dallas
- Visit www.hotsos.com for schedule details...