Re: [Q] create tablespace with different block size error???

From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 16:34:25 -0800

What amateur of Oracle support engineer are you working with? Mladen is right. Your syntax is wrong. Read the documentation (and suggest to the engineer he do the same):

SQL> create tablespace "INDEX1" logging datafile '/u01/ORACLE/ora92/INDEX11.dbf' size 5m

   3        autoextend on
   4        next 1280k
   5        maxsize unlimited
   6        extent management local
   7        segment space management auto
   8        uniform size 128k
   9  /
       autoextend on
       *

ERROR at line 3:
ORA-02180: invalid option for CREATE TABLESPACE

SQL>
SQL> create tablespace "INDEX1" logging datafile '/u01/ORACLE/ora92/INDEX11.dbf' size 5m

   2        autoextend on
   3        next 1280k
   4        maxsize unlimited
   6        extent management local
   7        segment space management auto
   8        uniform size 128k

   9 /

Tablespace created.

SQL>
At 04:49 PM 1/24/2004, you wrote:
>It is NOT true. I did put db_16k_cache_size on
>init.ora file. I still work with ORACLE support
>engineer tried to find problem.
>
>--- Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_wangtrading.com> wrote:
> > On 01/23/2004 12:19:26 PM, Kirtikumar Deshpande
> > wrote:
> > > Because, you left db_16k_cache_size parameter to
> > the default value of
> > > 0 (zero).
> > >
> > > - Kirti
> >
> > He probably has left db_16k_cache_size parameter but
> > the problem
> > described here is with syntax, not the cache size.
> > Parser stops
> > looking or file attributes as soon as it encounters
> > the first attribute
> > that isn't a file attribute, like, for instance,
> > block size.
> > If he rearranges the statement, he'll get the right
> > error.
> > --

Wolfgang Breitling
Oracle7, 8, 8i, 9i OCP DBA