RE: Deleting database

From: Branimir Petrovic <BranimirP_at_cpas.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 12:14:34 -0800

That's right - you would have to drop all schema owners. In my opinion it is simpler and easier task to automate dropping of all owners followed by one full import compared to task of automating database deletions followed by database creations then doing full import in very last step.

DOS environment offers weak (better word is miserable) error handling, so unless you resort to non M$ scripting languages to do this task for you I believe you'd be better off to stick with simpler of two approaches.

Another reason to try avoiding tearing/re-creating databases lies in the fact that when you create new database on WinXYZ platform, newly created data files are always fragmented at file level (which may not be overly fact important for your test database but it is an ugly site to look at nevertheless).

Branimir

Author: Branimir Petrovic
  INET: BranimirP_at_cpas.com