Can't connect MTS from remote.

From: Wendry <wendry_yang_at_indo.net.id>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 05:54:25 -0800

Dear all,

II have set up MTS on my environment (oracle 8.1.6.0.0), but I can’t connect through remote computers. The error is ora-12545 : target or host doesn't exists.

My init.ora regarding to MTS goes like this.

mts_dispatchers = "(PROTOCOL=TCP)(dispatchers=10)(sessions=20)"
mts_max_dispatchers = 25
mts_servers = 5
mts_max_servers = 30

I also add clause (SERVER = SHARED) on all tnsnames.ora files.

I have also tried to use 2 listener namely listener_mts which I set to port 1522, I use this especially to handle the MTS connection. So I add in my init.ora
Local_listener = mts1

And in my tnsnames.ora
mts1 =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = server2000)(PORT = 1522))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = sheet.almi.net)
(SERVER = SHARED)

    )
  )
I still can't connect to the database with message of can't establish connection for this type of server. So I omit the (SERVER = SHARED) part. I can connect, but the connection is DEDICATED instead of MTS. I know this by querying SERVER column of V$session and there's no entry on V$circuit. V$shared_servers shows 5 entry.

Is there anyone has experience like I have? Please give me some input here. Thank you all in advance.

Regards,

Wendry.

Author: Wendry
  INET: wendry_yang_at_indo.net.id