RE: A performance problem

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 09:34:33 -0800

Venu,

Trying to solve the performance issue with a *single* job with Statspack is like searching for a needle in a haystack, especially in an Oracle Apps environment. You will need to trace the program *as it runs*, and if you cannot do that right now, see if you can clone the database to a test system and rerun it again. Btw, was this concurrent job an Oracle standard job or was it a custom program? Any recent changes or patches to the environment? Note that you *can* set trace (albeit just the plain vanilla level 1) on a Concurrent job in 11i... As for the DB Link, can you determine if this indeed does use a Dblink or it is from somewhere else... [See the problem with Statspack?!]

John Kanagaraj
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Grace - Getting something we do NOT deserve Mercy - NOT getting something we DO deserve Click on 'http://www.needhim.org' for Grace and Mercy that is freely available!