Re: STATSPACK interpretation

From: Boris Dali <boris_dali_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 12:44:25 -0800

Jonathan,

Wouldn't bind variable issue that prevents cursor from sharing be visible in bind_mismatch?
How can one simulate this?

var v varchar2(1)
begin select count(5) into :v from dual; end; /
select address, sql_text from v$sql where sql_text like '%count(5)%';

ADDRESS SQL_TEXT

6DE92A74 SELECT count(5) from dual
6DE960D0 begin select count(5) into :v from dual; end;

sys_at_tvis> select * from v$sql_shared_cursor where kglhdpar = '6DE960D0';

ADDRESS KGLHDPAR U S O O S L S E B P I S T A B D L T R I I R L I O S M U T N F
6DE95B54 6DE960D0 N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N
6DE86F94 6DE960D0 N N N N N N N N N N N N N N Y N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N

2 rows selected.

Thanks,
Boris Dali.

Author: Boris Dali
  INET: boris_dali_at_yahoo.ca
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Dec 23 2003 - 14:44:25 CST